Congratulations to winner, Magali Almeyra, a chef/owner of Mona who loves to cook and wants to learn more about Miami cuisine and its rich history!
Award winning author, Mandy Baca’s The Sizzling History of Miami Cuisine: Cortaditos, stone crabs & empanadas can be yours in a random draw for my book giveaway! This book recounts the delicious history of Miami’s spicy, vibrant and diverse cuisine in Miami. If you’ve ever wondered about a restaurant’s signature dish, Mandy has included a number of recipes which are used as historical data, whatever the reason, you’ll get a chance to get it! You can’t have a Miami food history book without mentioning The Mango Gang, Versailles Restaurant, Joe’s Stone Crab, Monty’s and the list goes on.
You’ll also love this book if you’re a food historian, foodie, food writer, chef, home cook or just visited Miami and enjoyed the diverse influences from Latin and Caribbean nations or just plain love to eat! There’s also juicy tidbits listing the openings and closings of restaurants with links to blogs revealing why chefs left certain restaurants in the back of the book!
If you don’t win Mandy’s book, you can still order it here. You can find out more about Mandy and her upcoming books here. She was listed in Zagat Miami’s 30 under 30 list of gastronomic game changers.
Ready for Book Giveaway? Keeping it simple, here you go:
1) Subscribe to my free newsletter in right sidebar so you’ll be the first to know about Giveaways of this sort or get first dibs to attend special culinary events and a whole lot more.
2) Leave a comment below why you want Mandy’s book! Then email me eh at eleanorhoh dot com so I have your email if you win.
3) Eligibility: Only for United States residents. Closing date: Monday, May 25, 2015 midnight, ET.
4) A random winner will be picked and contacted via email. Respond ASAP, otherwise I will pick the next winner.
5) Your book will be sent directly to you, good luck everyone!