One Wok Star Mitt Set is included in your Wok Star Kit. Additional mitt sets can be purchased separately.
Note: the magnet doesn’t work on all metals! Ones that do work are carbon steel and of course cast iron woks. However, many use for transporting dishes out of microwaves or just holding hot pot handles.
• A unique feature of my wok mitt is the magnet which keeps it attached to the wok even when you remove your hand.
• For the opposite handle, I have a padded velcro mitt which is perfect for rocking the wok (when making omelets) or securely holding the wok with two hands.
• This design works really well because my philosophy is to keep the wok LIGHT. The piping in my opinion gives a lovely finish to my unique design. Everyone who has this mitt set love it!
• This mitt set are made by Haitian seamstresses, they are dedicated to their craft and take pride in making them.
• I pick up Asian themed designs on my travels. The Malaysian Batik was most popular, but no more.
• I developed this UNIQUE MAGNETIZED WOK MITT (patent pending), to make the wok easier to handle. I don’t like the big handles on other woks because they make the wok heavy and unbalanced.
• Bulky oven gloves are awkward and fall off if you take your hands out.
• Silicone mitts can be slippery and may cause you to lose your grip because you can’t feel the wok.
Dave Windorski –
I am an inventor too in the Post-it(r) Note laboratory. It’s nice to meet a fellow inventor. Keep on inventing Eleanor!” Dave
Bill (verified owner) –
These mitts are just the thing for the double handles on the Wok Star wok. Nicely designed, they protect hands and allow quick and convenient control of the wok.