Fast, Easy, Healthy, No-Recipe Cooking Classes
What makes my Wok Star cooking classes different?
My cooking class goes way BEYOND that, I solve many modern day issues. As an entrepreneur with 17 years in the computer industry, I know what corporate busy executives want and that’s how I came up with the idea of fast, easy, healthy, no-recipe, one-dish dinners and a KIT so you can go home and start cooking right away!
If you’re ready to SIMPLIFY your cooking, be self-sustainable, eat healthy and spend quality time with family and friends, I look forward to meeting you! Who It’s For? will give you more insight who’ll benefit from taking my class.
Here are some complaints I’ll be dealing with…
– I don’t have enough time
– I don’t know what to cook?
– I hate cleaning up
– I’m sick of eating out
– I don’t like eating alone
I overcome those complaints by showing…
– my easy roadmap which provides a foundation to riff off your own creations
– no-recipes, no-measuring, no-experience are necessary
– you only need 4 seasonings for big flavors
– tools and techniques to help you succeed
Check out Menu and Agenda tab for what you’ll learn and what to expect!
Why do I use a wok to cook with?
My mother originally taught me to cook using a cast iron wok, and now I use all the research and expertise I’ve acquired in my wok cooking classes to help you.
A cast iron wok is the best vessel for cooking most anything. High heat and fast cooking techniques make cooking with a wok extremely efficient and practical. A wok gives flavor, texture and color to your food, so important if you want tasty food.
The secret to success with anything are proper techniques and tools…
I didn’t realize there were so many misconceptions about woks and stir frying till I started giving classes. That’s why I’ve put together all 4 elements in a WOK STAR KIT BUNDLE so you’ll be successful on your first attempt and be a Wok Star in no time.
I’ll deal with complaints from those who’ve done some wok cooking…
– why are my veggies so soupy?
– can I use my wok on my electric stove?
– why does food stick in my wok?
The most rewarding part of what I do…
I love hearing success stories from corporate executives who find my easy style of cooking actually relaxing or from kids and those who’ve lost weight who never liked eating vegetables now enjoy crispy, yummy vegetables or from wok enthusiasts who’ve tried every permutation till they started using my WOK STAR KIT & GAS STOVE SETUP and finally succeeded in getting their stir fry with authentic flavors and my favorite are single guys who’ve impressed their dates with their slicing, dicing and stir fry skills while keeping it healthy!
If you’re looking for a fast, easy, healthy, no-recipe, cooking class and a KIT to get you started, I hope you’ll join me in one soon.
Please visit the tabs at the top of this page for Menu, Agenda; Cost, Schedule, Sign Up and Who It’s For!
Can’t wait to meet you in my next class!
I’ve never attended culinary school but learned from my mom, the best way to learn cooking!
I’ve been mentioned in Saveur’s Miami City Guide and chosen as a dating idea in Thrillist. I’ve appeared on ABC, NBC, CBS, PlumTV and Chat Chow TV. Plus, I’ve received countless testimonials (see below) from people who say my wok cooking class changed their entire approach to cooking and eating — the best compliment I could ever ask for!
I love hearing from folks who’ve attended my classes, keep them coming…
Wok so much…can’t tell you enough how much you have changed my eating habits and inspired so much enjoyment for cooking. 🙂 Eric, OBGYN
I am happy to report that I have already cooked 2 delicious dishes in the wok! You must understand that I hate cooking and this is the first thing that has made me excited about the kitchen in a VERY long time. Natasha, estate planning.
Your class was fabulous…We’ve cooked three meals with your wok and instructions and it gets better each day…You added a new dynamic to our home…We’ll be sending you many new Wok Star students in the near future. Thank you again and again….Shelly, ex-restaurant owner.
What’s on the Menu?
We’ll make three dishes demonstrating stir-fry combinations and wok cooking techniques…
Anyone with shrimp or serious food allergies that require an epi pen should NOT attend this class.
Let me know any food allergies or diet restrictions PRIOR to prepayment and registration, I may NOT be able to accommodate you…
Please note: If you have strict dietary requirements, religious restrictions; are salt sensitive, soy sensitive or are pregnant, I am unable to accommodate you with the menu selections due to the nature of this style of wok cooking, sorry!
If you’re vegetarian or vegan, I can bring tofu but not if you’re soy sensitive.
All dishes use San-J tamari (Japanese soy sauce, non GMO, no MSG, glutenfree), sherry, white pepper, cornstarch and chili sauce with hoisin or brown bean sauce, both contain gluten.
- Appetizer: Rainbow Lettuce Wrap with organic ground beef and a combination of crunchy, bright colored bell peppers, chayote, jicama, scallions with hoisin sauce & topped with toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Easy, One-Dish Dinner: Simple Stir fried Bok Choy or Chinese Broccoli, Shrimp, Oyster Mushrooms and Cashews.
- Versatile Wok Dinner: Corvina in Spicy Brown Bean Sauce with Zucchini, Yellow Squash and Red Bell Peppers. Because a cast iron wok is wide and deep, you can easily fill it with sauce to ‘poach’ the fish.
You’ll eat the dishes as soon as they’re cooked so they’re hot and fresh. And you’ll wash everything down with Vouvray wine and Voss!
My roadmap technique makes it easy to mix and match vegetables and meat to create your own “recipes!”
The class menu doesn’t change much except switching seasonal vegetables. I’m teaching technique, NOT recipes.
Agenda for the class…
Upon arrival, you’ll meet and mingle with fellow classmates while savoring my Rainbow Lettuce Appetizer paired with Vouvray wine and VOSS.
Is this a hands on class?
It’s very interactive but NOT hands on, you won’t have a station each nor will there be any chopping. There’ll be two woks and stoves going so I’ll invite many to come and stir fry with me.
I’ll explain my easy roadmap approach to wok cooking.
Then I’ll move onto Asian cutting techniques.
You’ll learn how to make a basic marinade and sauce,
What the five key points of successful stir frying are and
All about the best Asian food brands and where to find them.
Plus, you’ll head home with a handy cooking crib sheet, for future reference.
Cost, Schedule and Sign Up
Ready to Cook Like A Wok Star?
easy, healthy, fast, no-recipe technique class for busy lifestyles
Cost: $85 per person
includes 3 dishes paired with Vouvray wine and Voss
2 venues and dates…
3 Easy steps to sign up for my class…
1) Click menu, it’s very important to let me know your food allergies and diet restrictions, I may not be able to accommodate you! You will be asked during registration on Eventbrite.
1st dish: Rainbow Lettuce Wrap with organic ground beef and a combination of crunchy, bright colored bell peppers, chayote, jicama, scallions with hoisin sauce & topped with toasted pumpkin seeds.
2nd dish: Stir fried Bok Choy or Chinese Broccoli, Shrimp, Oyster Mushrooms and Cashews.
3rd dish: Corvina in Spicy Brown Bean Sauce with Zucchini, Yellow Squash and Red Bell Peppers.
2) Pick date & click on “Register Now” button inside calendar box above, there are 2 venues: BOFFI and ITALKRAFT
3) Click on Cancellation Policy prior to registering! Please understand it’s difficult to suddenly fill a space.
If you need to cancel, I need two weeks’ notice from your class date and on condition I can fill your space, you are welcome to reschedule your class with prior permission OR send someone in your place.
If I cancel a class due to unforeseen circumstances, you will receive a full refund.
This class is perfect for anyone looking for easy, fast, healthy meals. Corporate executives, wok enthusiasts, busy parents, health-conscious eaters — all will learn immensely helpful skills! The wok cooking techniques I teach are adaptable to any diet.
Left to Right: William, an IT executive; Galena, a journalist; Wayne, a business executive and Robert, an attorney.
photo credit: Gretchen Kitchen
Specifically, the following people have been enthusiastic attendees of my healthy cooking classes in Miami:
• Busy professionals and business executives who love fast, healthy meals.
• Corporate groups looking for a healthy, fun, engaging team-building or cooking competition opportunity.
• Wok enthusiasts who’ve tried various woks but weren’t successful!
• Asian food lovers who want to make it at home!
• People looking to lose weight or get healthier — or those looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
• Families who cook and eat together (or want to!).
• Moms with picky kids who need inspiration to eat their veggies.
• Single guys who like to show off their cooking skills to dates while keeping it healthy.
• Home cooks looking to mix up their cooking routines.
• Anyone who dislikes cooking, following recipes or cleaning up.